Sunday, June 8, 2008

Siok Yean

My name is Siok Yean, is a full time student in University Tunku Abdul Rahman. Bachelor in Commerce (HONS) Accounting is what I’m studying currently. Due to the long distance between my hometown and my university, I have no choice but to move out from my hometown. I managed to rent a small room and start staying with my friends. This is my very first time stay with others except from my family members. I started to learn on how to live together with my housemates as well as get along with them. Besides that, I also started to learn to manage every tiny thing on my own. I have to admit that it is not an easy matter for me but I know, these are the difficulties that I need to face and after I gone through all these things, I will be more independent than before.

Everything has pro and con. Since I moved out from my hometown, I have more freedom compare to last times. I start meeting more people, making more friends around, seeing so much of new things that never could I imagine and most importantly, it enrich my life experiences. This is the first time in life staying in an apartment and I enjoy the times while I am here especially the moment I spent at the swimming pool. Without my own noticing, I develop my swimming hobby. What is more, I will spend an hour every night to go online for some of my internet activities.The websites that I definitely will visit every night are
www.hotmail.com, www.friendster.com, www.yahoo.com, wble.utar.edu.com and www.mugglenet.com.


I always check my mailbox at www.hotmail.com to find out is there any mail from my friends. Since secondary school time I have this good friend will email me every now and then to tell me things that happening around her. It is always a happy moment when we share out our news together. Further more, with this email address that I registered under hotmail account, I can use it as my messenger email address and start chit chatting with my friends through MSN messenger. This MSN messenger become very useful whenever I need to have some assignment discussion with my group members.



http://www.friedster.com/ always is a website that I must visit every night. I can upload and share my latest photos here and check out my friends’ latest photos. It is an easy and convenient way for me to keep in touch with all my old friends as well as meet new friends.






Being aware of the latest news always keep us well inform about what is happening all around the world. Unfortunately, I am lazy when come to reading the news paper everyday, to solve this problem I make use of my online time and go to the Yahoo website and find out the latest news. Most importantly, I can save my daily newspaper cost.


My university provides this WBLE website as an exchange centre for the students, lecturers and tutors to communicate with each other. By using WBLE, lecturers and tutors can announce latest university stuff through WBLE and students can leave message to the lecturers and tutors. Since then, WBLE become one of the often websites that I will always visit.

Lastly, not forgetting to mention my favourite website, www.mugglenet.com. It is a Harry Potter website. This website will provide the latest news of the author of Harry Potter story book, latest news on how the filming of Harry Potter movie is going on and also the latest news of the actors and actress of the Harry Potter movie. Harry Potter website also provides some games, whenever I fell bored, I will spend my leisure time on these Harry Potter games. As I love to read Harry Potter story book very much, visiting this website is a must for me.


Nowadays, in a develop country, internet not only provide services for the corporate world to run its businesses but also provide services for individuals in their daily life.

2 comments:

georgia said...

siok yean, i love to swimming but i do not know how to swim. wish that one day i can learn from you.

Anonymous said...

Haha, you are always welcome but to be very honest to you, I'm not a good swimmer as well. Perhaps we can find another good swimmer and learn from that person togetehr. What you think? Is a good idea, isn't it?